Escape to this remote Missouri property 13 miles from Camdenton and 25 miles to the Lake of the Ozarks. This newly renovated classic log cabin sits on 30 acres and includes a private 15-acre lake for your enjoyment! The 2-bedroom, 1-bath vacation rental home offers a relaxing retreat from the real world for 6 guests. You'll never be bored with all that 'Hix Lake and Cabin' offers, including a boat for rental, boat slip, swimming dock, 2 kayaks, hot tub, fire pit, wraparound deck, and more!
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: 2 Twin Beds | Living Room: Sleeper Sofa
Recently renovated in 2018, this property features both incredible indoor and outdoor space - so you can enjoy the best of both worlds. Take note of the wonderful on-site antiques and relax out by the waterfall next to the bridge!
Beautiful authentic cedar logs comprise the cabin - soak up the nostalgic woodsy smell as you lounge on the wraparound deck, upstairs balcony, or within the cozy interior. The A-frame structure boasts vaulted tongue and groove ceilings, exposed log beams, and high windows, altogether enhancing the open-concept living space.
Relax in front of the living room's stone-wall gas fireplace while watching shows on the flat-screen TV. Choose from the cabin's DVD selection and get cozy for a family movie night!
Whip up delicious homemade dishes in the fully equipped kitchen. While staying at such a spectacular property, you won't even want to leave for meals! In the rustic wood cabinets, you'll find all the dishware you could need to produce a delectable creation.
Just outside the doors of the cabin are endless ways to stay entertained. During the day, take out the fishing boat and snag a large mouth bass in the fully stocked lake. Jump off the dock and swim to the small beach! When evening falls, gather the family around the fire pit for s'mores and storytelling. Even better, soak in the outdoor hot tub as accent rope lighting sets a peaceful ambiance for all to enjoy.
'Hix Lake and Cabin' consists of about 30 fenced acres, over 1 mile of scenic walking trails, and a 15-acre lake within a 230-acre farm in Macks Creek, south-central Missouri. The purpose of this remote getaway is ultimate relaxation - take some time with your loved ones away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and relax in seclusion in the wooded serenity that is 'Hix Lake and Cabin!'
While secluded by trees and sitting on the lake shore, enjoy wildlife sightings including birds, owls, ducks, and deer. The lake is fully stocked with channel catfish, bluegill, black crappie, largemouth bass, and more - hop on the 'Sun Dolphin' fishing boat to see for yourself! Others can experience the lake and soak up the sun via kayaking, swimming, or simply sunbathing on the dock.
When you do feel like leaving this lakeside haven for the day, grab a bite to eat in the closet city just 16 miles away, Camdenton. Drive about 10 miles further to spend a day boating on the popular Lake of the Ozarks or shop 'til you drop at the Osage Beach Outlet Marketplace!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, free parking for up to 8 vehicles, air conditioning, ceiling fans, complimentary toiletries, gas fireplace, 3 flat-screen satellite TVs, DVD player with video library, PlayStation, balcony, wraparound deck with outdoor dining table and seating, fire pit (wood provided), charcoal grill (please provide your own charcoal), chair swing, hot tub, outdoor shower with hot & cold water, private lake, fishing boat and paddle boat (available to rent for an additional fee), dock with swim ladder, boat slip, 2 kayaks, swimming beach, and more
- Remote south central Missouri location in Macks Creek 13 miles from Camdenton and 25 miles to the Lake of the Ozarks! Situated on a secluded 30-acre lot next to a 15-acre private lake
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Springfield-Branson National Airport (SGF) (~70 miles away)
On-Site Event Information:
- This property is great for honeymoons, anniversaries, family reunions, and other intimate events
- Maximum number of people allowed at the property: 12
- Event Fee: Yes (please inquire with Evolve)
- Outside services/vendors: Not allowed
- Event parking: On-site
- Alcohol: Allowed
- Event Insurance: Not required
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Please note that this cabin is situated on a 230-acre farm and the vacation rental property includes 30 acres and a 15-acre lake. The homeowner lives on site, in a completely separate house on the 230-acre farm, and may be present during your stay
- Please note this property entails a mandatory utilities fee of $150
- For an optional $50 fee, you can rent the fishing boat to use throughout your stay
- Please note the property provides a claw-foot bathtub and outdoor shower but does not include an indoor shower
- Hunting on the property is not allowed without prior homeowner approval
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
We had a wonderful long weekend with family fishing, kayaking, swimming and reading at this beautiful and peaceful property!
Cabin is beautiful and the surrounding area is perfect. We enjoyed the hot tub both morning and night. Outdoor shower was nice. Kids enjoyed fishing and caught a variety of fish. The private lake was perfect for the kids to go out on their own. We did venture out to the Lake of the Ozarks and State Park, but the kids just enjoyed being at the cabin. Property manager was very accommodating for our late arrival. We would definitely go back.
Beautiful, peaceful, secluded and romantic. Hot tub and outdoor shower were awesome
My wife and I recently were so lucky to book this little slice of heaven. Think “Private Lake of the Ozarks” but even better. No load folks or big boats to compete with, just lazy fishing and relaxing on this wonderful lake. The fishing was outstanding, even with some rainy days during our stay. Johnnie and Cindy are so lovely to deal with! We were worried they would be living near the rental, but in fact it was like we had our own private lake. No visitors. No noises. Just peace and tranquillity. The WiFi, outdoor shower and flush toilet, hot tub, and running waterfall just accentuate how special this property is. We are already booked to return later this year.
We had an amazing time at the cabin. It was beautiful and peaceful and had everything you need for a wonderful getaway! We even asked to see if there was a crock pot and the owners brought us one within a couple of hours! We definitely plan to go back as soon as we can! We went for our anniversary and it will likely become our yearly tradition! Thanks to the owners for the hospitality and for making it a great trip for us! The property is beautiful, peaceful and exactly what we needed! HIGHLY recommend!