Pimento Hill is a spacious private home with a legendary history. The villa overlooks the Caribbean Sea and is located just five minutes from chic Round Hill where guests enjoy complimentary membership.
* glamorous 9,000-square-foot private estate on 6 landscaped acres overlooking the sea
* 6 bedrooms plus 3 daybeds for children â?¦ 6Â½ bathrooms
* air-conditioning in Great Room, all bedrooms, dressing room and study
* large, deep private pool with surround sound system iPod dock + CD player and adjacent bar
* outdoor poolside bathroom with view of sea and rainforest shower
* full staff: butler, cook, housekeepers, gardeners, laundress
* wireless Internet access and complimentary laptop
* 6 flat screen cable TVâ??s in 5 bedrooms and 1 inÂ living room, 3 DVD players
* 4-speaker system with iPod dock and CD player
* child friendly:Â daybeds, baby monitors, complimentary crib and 2 high chairs
* 1 portable crib that doublesÂ as a secure playpen and can be usedÂ poolside
* open-channel baby monitoring system
* Playstation 3, movie library for parents and children
* bedroom safes in Master Bedroom and Blue Bedroom
* complimentary fulltime private driver and air-conditioned van for excursions to the beach and elsewhere . When there are more than 14 guests booked, two vans and two drivers will be arranged for transportation
* Round Hill membership:Â complimentary use of the new Round Hill gym and $25 daily fee is waived for Pimento Hill guests (paid by the homeowner), complimentary beach, two connecting heated pools for parents & children, jogging trail. For various fees:Â [Pineapple Kids Club], tennis, hair salon & spa, bars & restaurants, gift shops, water sports, Internet room, afternoon tea, beach parties Mon-Wed-Fri.
Pimento Hill is a spacious private home with a legendary history. The villa overlooks the Caribbean Sea and is located just five minutes from chic Round Hill where guests enjoy complimentary membership. It was originally built in the late 1950â??s for French Count and Countess Jacques and Vera di Sibour in the period when Jamaica was a glamorous party destination for the early jet set andÂ attracted the likes of Noel Coward, Ella Fitzgerald, Ian Fleming and the Kennedyâ??s, among many other notables. The Master Suite was the residence selected for Queen Elizabeth II when she visited Jamaica to open the Queenâ??s Highway.*
Pimento Hill was extensively renovated and refurbished to a high standard while retaining many period features. Today, owned by a family in London, Pimento Hill's essence is the tasteful marriage of Colonial grandeur of a bygone era complemented by modern amenities and comforts one would expect in a luxury villa. Priceless chandeliers and antiques define character. Marvelous meals emerge from the modern kitchen. Comfortable bedrooms feature top-of-the-line mattresses and en-suite bathrooms. Delicate orchids adorn the rooms. The grounds include water gardens, hidden walkways, an arched bridge and sprawling grassy lawns.
Pimento Hillâ??s six acres are a virtual orchard of mango, orange, grapefruit, breadfruit, lime, tangerine, avocado and even a cotton tree! Large lawns encourage children to run around and even learn a bit of cricket from senior gardener Ralston.
Architecturally, the villa is constructed in four defined areas connected by footpaths:
Entrance Hall and Main Villa
One enters the Main Villa through a classic Italianate pink and cream marble entrance hall. This building houses the 1,000-square-foot Great Room on original mahogany floors and the extraordinarily large modern kitchen with six-burner gas stove and wide granite countertops. The inside formal dining area features a gleaming mahogany table and 10 Queen Anne chairs under a stunning crystal chandelier. The Great Room opens onto the long verandah with bar, comfy couches for cocktails and hors dâ??oeuvres, and al fresco dining area for up to 20 guests.
Completing the Main Villa is the 800-square-foot Blue Bedroom with antique French crystal chandelier.
Blue Room Master Villa 800 square feet
Optional kingsize or twin beds plus a daybed for a child. En-suite bathroom with bathtub and separate shower. French doors open to a small garden porch where eye-opener coffee or tea is placed early each morning.
Master Villa 2,000 square feet
Just across a porte-cochere is the second building which houses the impressive Master Suite with renovated his & hers bathrooms, jacuzzi bathtub in ladies room, kingsize four-poster bed and two adjoining 175-square-foot rooms. The children's room can be either twin beds for youngsters or kingsize for adults. The second roomÂ has a 13â?? antique dressing table and daybed for another child. Both the childrenâ??s room and the dressing room open to their own individual en-suite bathroom with mosaic-tiled circular sunken bathtubs with showers. The door to the Jacuzzi bathroom can be closed and locked for privacy from the Master Bedroom.
The 1,500-square-foot Master Bedroom opens through 12 louvered doors to garden and sea views, and to a private porch where eye-opener coffee or tea is quietly presented early each morning. French doors on the south wall of the Master Villa open to a 35â?? covered brick walkway to the Study.
Study 540 square feet
Just across the covered walkway from the Master Bedroom is the cozy Study. Its 100-square-foot bedroom has optional king or twin beds, small shower room, and separate small toilet room. The adjoining study has a 42â? flat screen TV, desk for laptop users (wireless Internet access), and twin-size daybed for an additional guest.
An 80' path through the shaded water garden leads to two more private bedrooms located on the pool deck. One bedroom has a kingsize bed; the other has optional king or twin beds. Each has an en-suite bathroom and shower.Â One also has an adjoining outdoor shower, accessible via both a door from the twin bathroom and also via a gate from the pool terrace.
While the large, deep swimming pool gets all-day sun, the adjacent terrace has a covered sitting area and unique copper bar for poolside drinks. On request, lunch will be served by the pool in sun or shade.
* 2 permanent kingsize beds (Master Suite and 1st Pool Cottage)
* 4 optional kingsizeÂ or twin beds (Blue Room, Study, Children's RoomÂ and 2nd Pool Cottage)
* 3 daybeds (Master Suite Dressing Room, Blue Room and Study)
Maximum desired occupancy is 14 guests. Pimento Hill is a remarkable venue for weddings and entertaining. Additional charges apply for events with guests in excess of 14 live-in guests.