Tucked away at the end of a long country dirt road, The Dorothy provides a relaxing hill country escape for your family and friends. With 11 beds, 6 bedrooms, and 3 1/2 bathrooms, there’s enough room for everybody. You’ll find rocking chairs, hammocks, swinging chairs, an outdoor dining table under string lights, barbecue pit, Foosball table, and beautiful hill country views. The property sits on 5+acres. Just 15 mins from Driftwood, Wimberley town square; 20 mins to Dripping Springs &San Marcos
The Dorothy is three levels, balconies on every floor, ~4,400 square feet, 11 beds, 6 bedrooms, and 3 1/2 bathrooms, sleeps 16. About 3 miles, 10 minutes of caliche dirt road will lead you to this relaxing 5 acre hill country retreat. You’ll truly feel you’ve escaped to the hill country! As you arrive you’ll be greeted by two rocking chairs and a swinging day bed on the front porch. The back porch boasts a 10 ft dining table for everyone to gather around and enjoy a bbq dinner. Located between Wimberley and Driftwood, it’s the perfect location for weddings, wineries, shopping and swimming. Just 15 minutes to Jacob’s well, Blue Hole, Wimberley town square and Driftwood. 5 minutes to wimberley valley winery and the cool Shady Llama. A day of river tubing the Guadalupe or boating Canyon Lake is only 45 minutes away. 45 minutes to Austin, 30 minutes to San Marcos.
Living room with smart TV you can connect your streaming accounts like Hulu, prime and Netflix to.
Master bedroom: king bed, soaker tub, walk in shower with shower tower jet, a rain shower head and double vanity. A handicap accessible ramp leads to the front door and the bottom floor and master bedroom have wide spaces and walk in shower.
Kitchen: well-equipped with pots, pans, dish ware, blender, toaster. The real highlight is the double refrigerator so your large group will have plenty of space to put groceries. There is also an free standing ice maker so your group will have plenty of ice!
Outdoor patio: Throw some burgers or steaks on the grill and enjoy a family style meal under string lights in the outdoor patio.
Half bath for everyone to use downstairs.
Bunk bed room: 4 twin beds (top and trundle) and 2 full beds
2 King bedrooms: 2 large bedrooms with kind beds, sharing a balcony with four swings (soo relaxing!)
Full bath with jetted tub and double vanity.
Relaxation/playroom with a full wall of windows showcasing beautiful views. Food all table, sofa and TV
Two bedrooms with queen beds. One bedroom has beautiful views and the other has a private balcony. In the middle of the third floor is a great space for yoga. Four yoga mats provided. Third floor also has a full bathroom with double vanity and shower/tub combo.
Things to note:
About three miles, 10 minutes of bumpy caliche dirt road is not a very smooth drive. Some say it’s part of the ranch adventure. We encourage trucks and Jeeps!
The home is equipped with WiFi although it’s not very fast and we only recommend you log in if needed so as to not slow the smartTV down. Two people have done video conferences simultaneously without issue (we haven’t tested more than that).
Well-behaved pets up to date on flea, tick & vaccinations. Please let us know if you will be bringing a pet, $150 pet fee for the first pet and $50 for the second pet applies.
Guests have access to the house and surrounding land. Lots of rocky natural conditions so take caution. There are three storage sheds on the property that are not for guest use or access
We love that we can share our home with you but please treat the home, belongings, and property with care. We reserve the right to remove guests without refund for violating these house rules, misuse of the space as a short-term lodging accommodation, or conduct that disturbs the general peace and comfort of other guests, managers, property caretakers, and homeowners.
1. Do not flush anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products or “flushable” wipes should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine or other products have been flushed and clog the sewage system, you could be charged damages exceeding $1,000USD.
2. Parents/Guardians must closely supervise their toddlers and children at all times.
3. Well-behaved and well-trained pets may be permitted with prior approval from the host. An additional fee of $150 for the first pet and $50 for each additional pet applies. 3 pet maximum. Pets must be treated with flea & tick preventative and up to date on shots.
4. No Unregistered Guests. Please abide by occupancy limits. People other than those set forth above may not be on the property at any given time. Any person on the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. If there are more guests than disclosed in the Rental Party, Guest will be charged $50 per additional guest for each day of the reservation and all guests may be evicted without refund and a $250.00USD service fee.
5. The property is privately owned; the owners or property manager are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. There are many natural conditions throughout the property, use caution.
6. The Homeowners, Bonhost LLC and its representatives are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. Any items left behind, if found, may be mailed back for a $25 fee plus the cost of shipping and packaging.
7. No illegal substances are to be used, sold, or distributed on the property.
8. Please respect the neighbors and their privacy. Excessive noise may result in termination of your stay without refund and a $250.00USD service fee. Parties require a separate agreement and event fee.
9. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. If any furniture is moved, please move it back to its original position upon checkout.
10. Smoking is allowed outside only. Please dispose of cigarette butts in the outdoor trash. You will be charged $500.00USD if we suspect smoking indoors and additional remediation expenses may be imposed.
11. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
12. Practice safety at all times.
13. Parking: Please refer to house manual for parking instructions. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
14. Housekeeping: Please keep the home tidy and follow checkout procedures. There is no daily housekeeping service. Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, we do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the Unit. Do not leave wet towels on the furniture.
15. Checkout is at 11:00AM. Late checkouts may be subject to a $150.00 per hour fee as we often have new guests arriving and schedule cleaners to arrive soon after 11:00AM.
16. Weather, Disease, Acts of God and Unforeseen Circumstances:
Bonhost, LLC is not liable for any inconveniences, delays, or Guests inability to access a unit as a result of any temporary or permanent issues which arise from weather, construction, road closures or conditions, natural disasters, reasons for travel including the cancelation of events or conferences, government orders, diseases, pandemics, viruses, illnesses, closings, pollution or other acts of God which are beyond Bonhost, LLC’s control. No refunds will be given for any inconveniences, delays or cancellations due to, but not limited to, aforementioned conditions. We encourage Guest to purchase a travel insurance policy that will allow you to cancel for any reason.
Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement
IN CONSIDERATION for being permitted to enter premises and property for vacation rental or any other purpose, the undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her personal representatives, guests, children, heirs, and next of kin, acknowledges, agrees, and represents that he/she has or will immediately upon entering, and will continuously thereafter, thoroughly inspect such areas and his/her continued presence constitutes an acknowledgment that he/she has inspected house, pool, patio, and entire property and he/she finds and accepts such areas as being safe and reasonably suited for the purposes of his/her use, and he/she further agrees and warrants that if, at any time, he/she feels anything to be unsafe, he/she and all guests will immediately leave the area and advise appropriate persons. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT, YOU CHOOSE TO WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE.