Shasta Lakeshore Retreat # 1 and #2
LOCATION DOES NOT GET BETTER.
BEST TWO HOMES AT SHASTA NEXT TO EACH OTHER.
The SHASTA LAKESHORE RETREAT consists the FOUR best lakefront* homes next to each other on Shasta Lake. These solid 5 star rated homes (see 200+ reviews on the individual VRBO sites and our web site. This is a special place for all to enjoy on the BEST lake in California with always flat water easy to find, 80-90 degrees in summer, 365 miles of shoreline) and located on the most desirable part of the lake (upper Sacramento arm in the wonderful community of Lakehead). These lake houses can be rented together for a party as great a 24 guests or separately as Retreat #1 (VRBO# 755925) or Retreat #2 (VRBO#926144). If additional space is needed, we have a third home that sleeps another 14 (VRBO#1799588). and Retreat #4 sleeps 12 (VRBO#2447594)
Our four homes are right next to each other and are the all are very close to Sugarloaf Marina via a short walk. Both homes are well maintained, bright and have the best views in the area. Hardwood floors, big windows and large decks to enjoy the views. Please book early if interested in our unique homes on the lake....best 1 year ahead.
- 7 bedrooms, 4 full baths, Two Family/Kitchen main Areas and a media/kids room
- 4 large beautiful Lakeview decks with mature tree shading (upper and lower floor) and even water misters for the warmest days. View of lake, marina, mountains and wildlife from Decks.
- Easy RV/Boat Parking, plenty of parking for multiple cars/boats.
- Quiet family vacation neighborhood
- Two fire pits, two BBQ, two heat lamps, two ice chests
- Wood burning fireplace and pellet stove
- Boat launch is very short drive (less than 1/4 mile)...next door
- Marina has great boat slips for $25 a night (inquire with us). Great way to enjoy lakefront vacationing. Leave the boat...Walk back and forth.
- Although water does drop like any reservoir, you can always see the lake and marina from decks (no houses in front as we are on the shoreline).
- Six large HD flat screen TVs and DVRs (DirectTV) plus Blue-Ray/DVD and Netflix
- Fast Internet wifi...in both homes.
- Two sets of Washer/Dryers
- Retreat #1 (VRBO 755925) includes
- TOP FLOOR at driveway level (only small step up from deck) including kitchen, dining area and living area with big windows and great views. This is the main room. Couch in living area is a pull out and sleeps 2. Also master bedroom with queen bed. Bathroom. Largest of two decks with table, chairs, gas firepit and gas BBQ.
- LOWER FLOOR includes a bedroom with a queen bed, another bedroom with two twin beds, full bathroom, family/media room with pull out couch. This room walks out to second deck plus views of the lake and property. Note that these stairs are steeper than normal. Need to be careful with elderly/small children.
- Retreat #2 (VRBO 926144) Offers:
- MIDDLE FLOOR at driveway level including kitchen, dining area and living area with big windows and great views. This is the main room. Couch, Big Chair, TV, Wood Fireplace, Bar Sitting and full bath. Also a large master bedroom with king bed, TV and romantic sitting area with lake views and a full bathroom. Large deck spanning the entire back of house. Gas BBQ, gas firepit, Two Patio Table plus 12 Chairs and 2 Bar Stools at the View Bar.
- TOP FLOOR includes a good sized bedroom with a queen bed plus a second large loft/room with four full size beds and a TV. Both rooms have great views of the lake. Note that these stairs are steeper than normal. Need to be careful with elderly/small children.
- BOTTOM FLOOR includes a 4th Bedroom/den with its own private entrance and great views of the lake. Includes a TV and a futon that can sleep 2 more. There is a cement patio outside of this room. This room has a queen size bed. Hot tub.
- Location offers summer temperatures on the decks and around the houses that are about 10-15 degree less than just up the hill at one of the other rentals because of mature trees/shade and proximity to lake. This is a BIG plus for Shasta in the Summer!
- Air conditioners, ceiling fans, extra fans if needed, heater, wood pellet stove, fireplace.
- Watch deer and other wildlife every day as you sit on the deck enjoying your coffee in the morning or your drink of choice in the evening.
- Path/trail to marina and the water's edge
- Seasonal Rushing Creek through Retreat #1 into lake
- There are also endless back country roads for ATVs and hunters. We drive our ATVs directly from the cabin down the road to the dirt road.
- These two homes have many recent upgrades include (Internet, HD TVs, Painted Exterior, Painted Interior, New Roof, New Wood Shutters, Blinds and Shades throughout, Enlarged Photos on Canvas of local area throughout the home, upgraded bar stools, some new windows, and a two new decks). Plus a brand new stove and large refrigerator in Retreat 2.
- ADDITIONAL PHOTOS can be provided
OUR OTHER HOME (SAME AWESOME LOCATION):
Retreat #3: vrbo/1799588
- Sleeps up to 12
- 4 bedrooms/lofts and 2 baths (~2000 sq feet)
Retreat #4 vrbo/2447594
- Sleeps up to 12
- 4 bedrooms and 3 baths (~1850 sq feet)
Notes: this is a wonderful place but there are several things we want to make sure our guests understand:
1. The homes have a trail to the water's edge and marina but the elderly should avoid and children should not be left alone.
2. There is wildlife so please be aware for children and pets.
3. Although Lake Shasta is the best lake for watersports, swimming, fishing and general boating in California, it is a reservoir like many lakes in California. The water is let out all year long into the Sacramento river which supplies water to many parts of the state. This pushes our distance from the lake house to the water out as the level drops. Fortunately even in terrible drought years (like 2015), the house still has a view of some of the lake (unlike some parts of the lake which dry up entirely). For 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 the lake filled to top....in 2020 it was 30' from the top. 2021 is down significantly. Go to our web site and check the "Shasta Lake Water Level" page for latest.
4. The lower water levels might make the boat ramp several hundred yards further. and will make the walk to the marina a little longer or require you to drive. Even back in 2015 after a 4 year drought, when it was the lowest, It still took us 30 minutes to drive our boat at speed from one end to the other.....There was plenty of famous Shasta GREAT water. If water level drops to 150" below the top (like in Aug 2021), the local boat ramp and marinas will close requiring and it is a 18 min drive to another ramp. PLEASE SEE OUR LAKE LEVEL UPDATE on our web site for latest info.
5. The decks are high off the ground. Although they have railings as you would expect, if you have children, you need to watch them all the time outside as a fall from the deck would be a serious or life threatening fall.
6. The stairways to some of the floors are steep. If you have elderly staying with you, we do not recommend having them stay on the main floor.
*IMPORTANT: Distance to water from house varies from 50 feet (when full) to several hundred yards (when low) depending on lake level. Views from house and access to lake, marina, and boat ramps will vary depending on lake level. Check Lake Level on Web Site for info and photos or Contact us for latest status. Summer 2021 Lake Level is lower than recent years. Currently the local boat ramp and marinas are closed for the season based on water level requiring the use of other ramps and marinas. Although most of our guests still have a great time, we want to make sure you understand the dynamics of this reservoir. The lake may or may not fill up for 2022 but we will keep guests posted as we always do and offer a full refund up to 60 days before arrival. Again, see our web site for latest info and photos of lake at different levels. Forest Fires are also common in Northern California which may blow smoke in the area during the Summer/fall. Sensitive parties should avoid visiting Northern California during this period of time. Check our web site for current conditions and warnings.
Rental Agreement Required
The owners were very accommodating and prompt in communication. The location is very nice for playing on the lake.
Celebrated our mom's 75th birthday in retreat 1 & 2, had a great time, nice and peaceful, weather was great, was awesome catching up with family on the decks with the beautiful view. Will be staying again!
We had such a great time. My family felt at home. We rented retreat 1 and 2 to accommodate 24 people. We had enough sleeping areas to accommodate everyone. We only wish the water was up higher as shown in the photos. But we understand that had nothing to do with the owners. Due to the drought you do have to make a little walk down but the pathway made it easy to get up and down. They also supplied pretty much everything you would need if you were in your own home. We will definitely use this home again in the future. Thanks Lori and Dave!
We rented two houses and both are as described, on the lake front (though the water level was low), it was great experience. Communication from Lori and David was prompt. Both houses came with long detailed list of instructions, so never had to reach out to Lori for any questions during our stay. Though it was little cold we enjoyed the deck since both houses had heaters, so it was nice and warm, so does the hot tub as well. Separate houses for our bigger group worked for us perfectly. Would recommend this property for larger group.
An amazing property close to the lake as described. We had a bit of a hiccup with check-in but the owners resolved it very quickly. The property worked well for our large group and many small children! We wish there was an option to reserve our same week for consecutive years but we are working with the owners to find dates that work.
everything was in order and welcoming - very relaxing stay while providing accommodations for work retreat
Spectacular! These owners provide a marvelous vacation experience for a very reasonable price, could not be more helpful, and provide amenities that are surprising and welcoming. Our family is already planning our return next year. The location is so beautiful with a gorgeous view of the lake and an amazing star-filled night sky not available in metropolitan USA. We loved it.
We rented both houses, loved that they were side-by-side. They were perfect for our three families with adult children. Enjoyed kayaks and stand-up boards. Owners were great to work with. View of the lake from out desks was amazing! We will definitely be back.
Our big group had a great time in the homes. The views from the deck are great with an easy access to Lake. The homes are as described and our group had a great time celebrating Christmas break together. The welcome baskets with souvenir t-shirts and wine added to the list of great hospitality. There is a great collection of board games and books to read. All in all we had the most enjoyable time as a group. Lori is very easy to work with and was very prompt in replying to all the questions. We had a last minute change to the headcount and Lori took great care in accommodating for our needs. We look forward to renting the place in future again to enjoy summer time at Lake Shasta. Thank you Lori and Dave for being such great hosts.
We had such a wonderful time! This location with the two homes directly next to each other was perfect for our large blended family. 22 of us (13 adults and 9 grandchildren) had plenty of individual space within the beautiful houses. The property is just as described in the listing with everything you could possibly want or need. Everything was spotlessly clean and in great condition. There was plenty of parking for our 6 cars with space to spare. The homes are nestled in a small housing area on a dead end street so there wasn’t a lot of traffic noise (we basically had the neighborhood to ourselves). The welcome baskets with a bottle of wine and two souvenir Lakeshore Retreat T-Shirts were much appreciated (we ended up purchasing additional T-shirts for the entire group). The large decks and beautiful lake views were treasured every day and night with plenty of seating for all. It just took a few minutes to walk down to the lake, and there was a convenient boat ramp nearby. The kids had a blast playing in the water. We enjoyed playing board games together, assembling puzzles, pitching horseshoes, boating and fishing, hiking various trails along the lake, and relaxing in the hot tubs. We took the free tour of the Shasta Dam and found it very informative. We went to the Basshole Bar and Grill and enjoyed visiting with the locals, eating appetizers (very tasty) and playing pool. Some of us had breakfast at the Lakeshore Inn one day and said it was very good. The local market stocked most things you would need in a pinch, and the city of Redding was only 35 minutes away for major food shopping. The owners (Lori and David) were very pleasant and just a message or call away for any questions that arose. The entire booking, checking in and checking out process was very organized and easy. Everyone in our group without exception enjoyed the trip and look forward to our next visit.
If you have seen pictures of the house, It is as advertised period, but what struck out for me and the group I came with is the responsiveness and constant communication from the owners. To cut the story short: We had a last minute change in our party numbers that was out of my control. Knowing it'd be almost be impossible to get any form of refund – Lori and Dave worked with us anyway and gave options. The place is absolutely gorgeous and I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone.