For the ultimate Maine retreat, look no further than 'Big Bird!' This 5-bedroom, 3-bath Bethel vacation rental offers direct access to the Androscoggin River for relaxing afternoons spent fishing. After a day spent fishing on-site, exploring Grafton Notch State Park, or browsing the shops in downtown Bethel, return to your 2,500-square-foot home base for a relaxing soak in the hot tub. With all the necessary modern comforts and a peaceful location, this home really does have it all.
-- THE PROPERTY --
* NOTE: Party groups beware: this property is for guests who want to enjoy the beautiful scenery, large backyard, and nearby attractions. This is not a good fit for groups partying and playing loud music. If quiet hours are not respected, fines and/or eviction may occur *
Mountain & Forest Views | Updated Interior | Screened-In Patio
With its peaceful location and spacious interior, 'Big Bird' is the ideal home base for large groups of friends and family looking to disconnect from life's stresses and explore the outdoors!
Master Bedroom: King Bed, Twin Bunk Bed | Bedroom 2: King Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed | Bedroom 4: Queen Bed | Bedroom 5: 2 Twin Beds, Twin Bunk Bed
KITCHEN: Fully equipped, drip coffee maker, cooking essentials, breakfast bar w/ seating
INDOOR LIVING: New bedding, flat-screen cable TV, comfortable furnishings, open floor plan
OUTDOOR LIVING: Private hot tub, porch, large yard, great views
GENERAL: Free WiFi, linens/towels, washer/dryer, AC in bedrooms, ceiling fans
PARKING: Garage (2 vehicles), driveway (5-7 vehicles)
* NOTE: A long-term tenant lives on-site, in a completely separate apartment with a private entrance, and may be present during your stay. These full-season renters are instructed to stay out of your way, and you should not notice them or worry about them. They are aware that larger groups will be renting this property. Their own yard and parking are hidden from your areas *
-- THE LOCATION --
OUTDOOR ADVENTURES: Androscoggin River (direct access), The Bethel Inn Resort Golf Course (2.0 miles), Mount Will Walking Trail (6.5 miles), Mt. Abram Resort (7.1 miles), Sunday River Resort (7.6 miles), Mahoosuc Public Lands (13.9 miles), Grafton Notch State Park (16.9 miles), Goose Eye Mountain (33.2 miles)
FOOD & DRINK: Sud's Pub (1.5 miles), Cafe DiCocoa (1.6 miles), Funky Red Barn (1.7 miles), 22 Broad Street (2.0 miles), Sunday River Brewing Company (4.5 miles)
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS: The Gem Theater (1.6 miles), Maine Mineral and Gem Museum (1.7 miles), Museum of the Bethel Historical Society (1.9 miles)
AIRPORT: Portland International Jetport (69.6 miles)
-- REST EASY WITH EVOLVE --
Evolve Vacation Rental makes it easy to find and book properties you'll never want to leave. You can relax knowing that our properties will always be ready for you and that we'll answer the phone 24/7. Even better, if anything is off about your stay, we'll make it right. You can count on our homes and our people to make you feel welcome--because we know what vacation means to you.
-- POLICIES --
- Quiet hours begin at 10:00 PM. Noise complaints from neighbors will result in a $250 fine
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties, or large gatherings
- Only 4 guests are allowed in the hot tub at a time.
- Must be at least 26 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID is required upon check-in
- NOTE: A long-term tenant lives on-site, in a completely separate apartment with a private entrance, and may be present during your stay. These full-season renters are instructed to stay out of your way, and you should not notice them or worry about them. They are aware that larger groups will be renting this property. Their own yard and parking are hidden from your areas
- NOTE: This property comfortably sleeps 12 guests in beds, but the maximum occupancy is flexible up to 15 guests with sleeping arrangements on the couch or with your own arrangements
- NOTE: Your safety matters. An exterior security camera is located on a tree about 30 feet from the property. The camera is used to monitor snow conditions and does not look into any interior spaces
Check in was EASY...the property wad CLEAN......the views were AWESOME!!! Came with my fiance and some friends and we THOROUGHLY ENJOYED our stay!!! We would DEFINITELY come for anothet visit!
There was a group of 10 of us that stayed. We had plenty of room. The view of the foliage was amazing and the house was close to town. We couldn't have asked for a better place to all hang out for the long weekend.
The house is in a great location. About 15 minutes from the golf course, and 3 minutes from downtown bethel, it was great. The house itself was nice and spacious with plenty of beds and room. There was everything we needed besides a grill and the house was well supplied with towels, bed sheets and such. The owner ken kept in touch and reached out to us apologizing due to work being done at the house when we arrived and was easy to work with. The house is definitely big enough to fit 12 people comfortably but pay special attention to the bottom part of the description because it states you can be charged 250 for any noise complaints from neighbors. There is a family that lives on the other side of the house and all that separates there unit is a door down the end of the hallway. Me and the 2 other people I rented with felt like we were walking on eggshells to ensure we didn’t get a noise complaint and get charged an extra 250.00. I can only imagine if you had 12 people talking in the room that it could get loud enough to possibly incur one of these fines. The hot tub cannot be used after 10:00 pm because that is quiet hours so if you plan on staying up late and using it look elsewhere. On the property were numerous signs stating you would be fined for certain things such as the hot tub tripping the breaker or if the property care taker has to come out there. The property was great but it is something to be aware about because my group and I were always worried about incurring fines due to the close proximity to neighbors instead of just relaxing and enjoying ourselves.
Definitely a ski town and property meant for winter use. Thought we would have a view of the river and access. Not so. Next door neighbor was very nice. Year round tenant was smoking pot on their side of the house making our side reek of marijuana. It is legal in Maine, however, not something we were wanting our 4 yr old to be exposed to. Nice house but won't be returning.
We had a fun time. Had everything we needed.
The place was just as beautiful as it looks in the pictures. Both the owner and primary contact of the property was easy to work with. Plenty of yard space for outdoor activities and the backyard view is amazing. My family would definitely go again.
Incredibly large house with plenty of room. Great views and quiet neighborhood. House was very clean and well stocked with linens, etc., and the owner was very easy to work with. Have already recommended it to some friends for their family trip.
We had such a great stay at Big Bird. Can’t wait to go back next year. The place was beautiful and clean. Everyone enjoyed themselves so much.