The Chalet on High Meadows is an artistically designed European-styled Chalet nestled in a high meadow of the Black Hills in western South Dakota. This vacation rental chalet graces a peaceful meadow and overlooks the Black Hills National Forest and is approximately 10 miles NW of Rapid City. It is conveniently positioned to the west of I-90 between Rapid City and Sturgis, SD on a well maintained county road. The easy access allows visitors to enjoy top events and attractions yet experience the quiet of the natural setting.
Enjoy the openness of the floor plan, the closeness to nature and the simple beauty that surrounds The Chalet. Features include: One full bathroom on the main floor, fully-equipped kitchen, dining room, living room, two bedroom areas with queen-sized beds (one queen bed and a single bed upstairs in the loft; and, one queen bed downstairs near bathroom) as well as a sofa sleeper, all comfortably appointed beneath a lofted, knotty pine cathedral ceiling. Outdoors features include: Gas grill, private tennis court, gazebo, deck.
Activities include: tennis, bike riding, hiking, birding, fishing in area lakes or streams, skiing at nearby downhill ski resorts or cross-country skiing, golfing, variety of restaurants and various tourist attractions. Come stay at The Chalet and play tennis on The Chalet's private tennis court. August 2022 Pro Track and Tennis, Inc. out of Omaha, NE completely reconditioned the tennis court. The court is designed to meet the International Tennis Federation (ITF) tennis' global governing body specifications.
Coronavirus has changed all of our lives. In light of this,
1) Contactless Check-in/Check-out: we allow you to check-in and check-out without any personal contact with us. We will text or call you with specific instructions;
2) Shoes must be taken off at the door and not worn inside; prevents the virus from entering the house on your shoes.
3) Light Housekeeping: In light of Covid-19, we will leave cleaning supplies in the bathroom and kitchen for you to use as per VRBO specifications. Guests are to provide some light housekeeping prior to checking out as per VRBO coronavirus guidelines. We will leave a copy of the guidelines for you in the house book. We ask guests to leave The Chalet clean and tidy.
4) 3-Day Buffers: we are attempting to leave a minimum of 3-days buffer between each set of guests checking in at The Chalet.
5) Hot Tub: currently, it may not be operational this summer. Yet, we will provide the hot tub to our guests as best as we can while keeping our staff healthy. Any public health and safety conditions that change due to unforeseen events (Covid-19 Virus Mutations), CDC guidelines will be followed.
6) Extra attention to cleanliness.