Welcome to 'Hemlocks Over Muir'; the private cabin with an unbeatable view, situated overlooking Muir Valley. This unique property will quickly become your new Red River Gorge headquarters. Watch rock climbers on the Bibliothek wall while relaxing in the 'The Grotto', or hike into Muir Valley from the front door. You'll find excellent WiFi and two smart TV's for your enjoyment; the kitchen is modern and fully equipped; the bathroom has a large walk in shower and full-size front load washer/dryer. When you aren't relaxing in 'The Grotto', enjoy the yard games such as the volleyball net, disc golf or enjoy a fire at the fire pit. The cabin will help you create the best memories!
-- KEY RESIDENCE FEATURES –
- Amenities include two smart TVs (Roku), fully equipped kitchen, WiFi, indoor fireplace, fire pit, hot tub, washer/dryer and more!
- Bedroom 1 Downstairs: California King Bed | Upstairs Loft: 2 Queen Beds
- Fresh linens and towels. We also include essential starter packs to make your stay easier! (Starter packs include: 2 rolls of toilet paper, 2 rolls of paper towels, 3 shampoos and conditioners, 3 laundry pods, 3 dishwasher pods, 3 bar soaps, 3 trash bags, and 1 sponge.) Firewood not provided, please purchase locally!
- Please Note: a car is recommended. Cabin is located on a long gravel driveway. 2WD should be sufficient. Trailers prohibited.
- Central Red River Gorge location - Close to hiking, horseback riding, rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, zip lines, sight-seeing, restaurants, and much more.
-- POLICIES --
- We recommend reading our Guest Rental Agreement entirely prior to booking. You can view the entire agreement at the link provided. (Please note you will have to copy/past link into your browser. Links cannot be clicked on this platform.) : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T8orfPYIG0qypE1z2XpWhoZyXTlcu1MxpJZVS5kC3_c/edit usp=sharing
- Check-in begins at 4 pm. Check-out is 11 am. Please note that arriving early or departing late will result in additional charges
- No smoking (outside only)
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 18 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
--THE CABIN --
Bedroom 1 Downstairs: California King Bed | Upstairs Loft: 2 Queen Beds
This 850 square foot cabin, built and completed in November 2020, is gorgeous inside and out. All beds are memory foam so you will have a great nights sleep. Cookout on the provided grill and enjoy outdoor dining in a variety of locations, including the partially covered back porch. Relax in the brand new jacuzzi tub by Nordic.
If you prefer to cook inside the new kitchen is complete with soapstone countertops, brand new appliances, including a full size range/convection oven, and microwave. The dishwasher will have you relaxing after dinner instead of washing dishes.
A unique feature we call the grotto is a large extended ledge below the cabin with a cave. The grotto is accessible by stairs and provides a stunning view of the valley. Relax on the swing while enjoying the spectacular view and listening to the waterfall located next to the grotto. Gather around the grotto fire pit on those cool evenings... time for s'mores!
With acres to roam and a view of Hatton Hollow waterfall you will never want to leave.
-- THE AREA --
The famous Nada Tunnel, or Gateway to the Gorge, is just 20 minutes away from this property, be sure to head that way for countless hiking trails, rock climbing, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, sight-seeing, bird-watching and numerous opportunities for photography! Also close by is the Red River Gorge Scenic Byway - be sure to check it out!
Drive through to see the Red River, countless varieties of trees, flowers, plants, and outcroppings of rocks – or stop to hike or catch sight of deer, turkeys, and other wildlife. For a memorable experience, hike to the famous swinging bridge over the Red River, located upriver from the Jump Rock and Swimming Hole.
Natural Bridge State Resort Park is only 10 minutes away and features the Natural Bridge, a million-years-old sandstone arch, which is accessible by hiking up and down the huge mountain or by taking a slow, easy ride on the sky lift. For water activities, like fishing, kayaking, canoeing and stand up paddleboarding, make your way to nearby Mill Creek Lake.
See the mountains from a whole new perspective when you go zip lining over the treetops for a challenging thrill in Cliffview, or drive through the Gorge to the family-friendly zip line spot in Frenchburg, where everyone from kids to grandpa can have a ball!
If you're looking for even more thrills, visit Southeast Mountain Guides for world-famous rock climbing and rappelling! Both offer lessons and guided climbs.
Kids will love the Kentucky Reptile Zoo which offers in-person venom extractions. Stop by Thrillsville to go kayaking through the 100-year-old limestone cave and putt-putt golf that kids and even the grandparents will enjoy.
If you love horseback riding, Whispering Valley Riding Trails is just minutes away in Beattyville - where you will see waterfalls, ponds and rock outcroppings as you ride under the canopy of trees. The views are sure to be amazing!
* NOTE: These cabins, while offering deluxe accommodations, are in a heavily wooded area. Occasionally, guests may experience weather conditions or power outages that are out of the host's control. The hosts will do all they can to assist but are not responsible for issues beyond their control. Our owners make every effort to keep the hot tubs functioning perfectly, as they are the most requested amenity. However, mechanical problems may occur that cannot be resolved quickly in this remote area and no refunds are made if this occurs, per the terms of our rental agreement. Enjoy the many other amenities, beautiful surroundings and area adventures during your stay. Pets Only Allowed at Pet-Friendly Cabins. Pets brought to Pet-friendly Cabins must be paid for in advance or at time of booking. No pets are permitted in or on the Rental Unit, unless the Rental Unit is Pet-Friendly. A Minimum of $350.00 per pet will be charged to the Guest for pets brought to non-pet-friendly cabins or for pets that were not pre-approved. Please contact us as soon as possible if your plans change and you must cancel or reschedule your stay. A $50 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations, and no refunds are allowed within 14 days or less of your booked check-in date. We will work with you to re-schedule your dates if your check-in date is greater than 14 days away. No refunds are permitted due to sudden inclement winter weather – but come anyway and get snowed in with us! We will accommodate late checkouts if roads are hazardous on your departure day. Please be aware that no refunds are permitted for cancellations on holiday rates, which includes but is not limited to, New Year's, Valentine's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. For a possibility of a full refund, you will be given the option to purchase renters insurance during the booking process, or you can contact us directly to apply this.
Your dates are Available!
TotalIncludes taxes and fees