OPEN HOUSE SUN, MARCH 15, 22, 29 at 1 4 PM
For Property at 316 Oakdale Ave, Villas, NJ
LISTING PRICE: $248,800
Location: Half block from Delaware Bay and 10 min drive to Cape May Beaches
For appointment to view property on another day please email email@example.com
Newly rebuilt 2009 Turn-key ready property!
In 2008 my brother-in-law Tim Murphy paid $219,000 for a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom bungalow with a detached one-car garage In 2008/2009 Tim spent over $83,000 to turn it into a 3 bedroom /2 bathroom bungalow. The following was done after both house and garage were torn down to the studs:
1. Expanded house to add master suite (19'x13') with attached bathroom (10'x5')
2. Added a screened-in porch (12' x 8')
3. New roof and vinyl siding on both house and garage.
4. All new energy-efficient windows throughout house & garage.
5. New electrical wiring throughout house and new sheetrock.
6. New stairs to attic of house.
7. New kitchen with granite countertop, custom cabinetry new microwave oven and electric stove.
8. Open concept kitchen, living, dining room & wet bar area (12' x 35')
9. Gas fireplace under kitchen granite countertop with views from living and dining room.
10. Hardwood flooring throughout all living areas
11. Tankless hot water heater (Rinnai)
12. Central air (new HVAC)
13. Storage space in both house and garage attics
This house was intended to be a retirement home for Tim Murphy but unfortunately he died of a heart attack in his other home in Morristown, NJ in 2009 before the 316 Oakdale house was completed.
When I, Joei M. Pagnotta, purchased it in 2010 for $210,000, I completed the work and spent an additional $22,000 to do the following:
1. Installed carpets in the 3 bedrooms. ($2,350)
2. Bought refrigerator and washer/dryer. ($2,725)
3. Installed custom white shutters for all energy-efficient windows in house ($4,450)
4. Installed all recessed lighting throughout house and outside lighting ($875)
5. Added front porch with raised stone flower beds along front of house and around the front porch ($4,835)
6. Widened the cement walkway and stairs to front of house ($600)
7. Installed the outside light by mailbox and by garage ($250)
8. Replaced dirt with pebbles in driveway and part of back yard ($350)
9. All landscaping in front and back, 10 trees, bushes, perennials, vegetable beds etc ($3,950)
10. Installed City Gas and City Water/Sewage ($2,615)
This house is a great summer vacation rental. You can pay off your yearly mortgage by renting your home throughout the summer. I have been able to rent my home for all the summers that I've owned it.
For Sale By Owner Home Prices for Villas, New Jersey 08251