A beautiful home on a highly desirable, quiet New England road.
McGilpin Road starts and ends on Fiske Hill Road and is not a thoroughfare to anywhere - resulting in a quiet, woodsy road perfect for bike riding, walking or running.
Located at a cross roads - we are less than 5 minutes to the Mass Pike, and an hours ride into Boston. Or jump onto Route 84 and find yourself 45 minutes from Hartford or 2.5 hours from New York City.
This windy New England road features rock walls, horses, a great balance of beautifully maintained old and new homes, and the very best of neighbors.
* First floor
Kitchen, Informal eating area, Family Room, 1/2 bath, Office, 2 story foyer, Formal Living Room, Formal Dining Room
- Step inside a sunny 2-story formal foyer featuring a lovely curving, wide staircase with oak treads.
- Open, sunny layout with lots of windows.
- Cooks kitchen features granite counter-tops and cherry wood cabinets. Oversized kitchen island with storage and breakfast seating. Pantry closet is deceptively large due to custom hard-wood, drawer style, roll out shelves - a dream! Plenty of cabinets and counter space. Kitchen opens to an informal eating area large enough for a full size table with 6-8 chairs, which then open to the family room. Kitchen sliding door opens onto the deck and back yard. The flow of the first floor is wonderful - your family stays connected even while one is making dinner, another swimming, watching television, reading on the deck or working on a school project on the kitchen table!
- Step down into the family room with big windows and a triple wide glass door. Brick fireplace and stone mantel shelf. Glass door opens onto the deck with views of the pool, back yard and woods.
- Over-sized wood deck is wonderful for entertaining and looks over the saline pool and back yard which flows into a wooded lot.
- First floor office greets the rising sun and overlooks a rolling front yard.
- Half bath is beautifully finished with wainscotting.
- Separate formal living room & dining room feature detailed ceiling and trim work.
- Two closets for everything from coats to boots & sneakers to board games.
- Light & dark brown (Eco-friendly, chemical free and sustainable) bamboo floors throughout the entire first floor. Ceramic tile in the bathroom.
Saline Pool, shed, rolling lawn, woodsy views
- Beautiful wooded views on all sides. This lot is perfectly sited to provide privacy without isolation. Preservation land and field across the street bring you the best of both worlds, good neighbors and nature.
- Fenced in back yard features an in-ground saline pool - ideal for children & adults with sensitive skin. Your skin never feels tight & dried out like it does after swimming in a chlorine pool, light colored hair won't turn green - plus a saline pool is actually easier to maintain (with far fewer chemicals!) than a traditional chlorine pool.
- Double wide 288 square foot wooden deck is large enough for entertaining.
- Storage shed is large enough to hold your lawn mower, outdoor tools & furniture, tons of pool floats and toys and has a potting table. From slate stepping stones & steps to lots of gardens, the original and only owners of this home loved working and playing in the outdoors.
* 2nd floor
Master bedroom suite, 3 additional bedrooms, 2 full baths, laundry room.
- Gigantic master bedroom suite needs to be seen to be believed. This room has been home to gymnastic routines, dance troop practice, even ride-in electric car races on rainy days. Suite includes an additional side room perfect for use as a baby or toddler room, fitness area, library or meditation space. Master bedroom also features a lovely dressing area, large walk in closet, and 2 sink master bath complete with oversized whirlpool tub, shower, linen closet and marble counter-tops.
- Three more generously sized upstairs bedrooms - all with ample closets and beautiful views. Two bedrooms overlook the backyard and pool - the third bedroom greets the sunrise and front lawn.
- Second upstairs bath features 2 sinks, marble counters, bathtub/shower and large linen closet.
- Second floor hallway overlooks formal foyer - hardwood (bamboo) hallway with wall-to-wall carpeted bedrooms, tile bathrooms.
- Upstairs laundry room for your washer & dryer is a gem - never carry laundry up and down the stairs again.
* Lower level
Play area & Storage area
- Large finished lower level playroom features a simple step up stage and mirror - perfect for practicing routines, putting on a show, or just having fun and being creative. A great space for kids to call their own.
- Large space with a nice flow - work out on one side, put on a play in the other, enjoy video games - or settle down for a sleep-over. Stay connected while doing your own thing.
- 2 closets + 2 huge closed off storage areas. This house can hold & store an incredible amount.
* Other amenities
- Central air conditioning - 2 zones. Cool just the main floor during the day, and just the bedrooms at night - no need to cool the entire house unless you want to.
- Hydro-air (oil / forced hot air) heating system doesn't dry your skin like traditional forced air systems. Efficient 2 zone heating - main floor and upstairs. Lower level features electric base board heat.
- House is hard wired, with a separate electrical box, for an external generator.
- 2 car garage has additional space for a ride-on mower, bikes and lots of storage.
For Sale By Owner Home Prices for Sturbridge, Massachusetts 01566