PRIVATE AND SECLUDED ESTATE FOR SALE ON LAKE SUPERIOR
Drive past the brownstone columns, down the winding drive and through the old growth timber to a classic, timeless lodge on Lake Superior. Our home was built over a two year period from 1998 to 2000 but is reminiscent of an 1890s hunting lodge with an Edwardian cottage interior.
Everywhere you look you will see the efforts of an excellent architect and contractor. The attention to detail inside and out have to be seen to be appreciated and spectacular is simply not descriptive enough to convey the completeness of design to build.
The home is spacious at approximately 7,500 square feet and includes attached, one and two stall heated garages. There is a newer 12 X 16 cabin built in the same style as the main house to use as you wish.Home details include:
1. Seven plus bedrooms:
Two master suites, both with gas fireplaces, bubble tubs, on-suite baths, one with a steam shower and one with additional living area and a full kitchen, both with decks facing the lake
Three additional bedrooms with gas fireplaces, on-suite baths and decks facing the lake
Two second floor bedrooms with forest view that share a bath
One lower level room that has been used as both a massage room / bedroom
2. Eight total baths...6 full, 1 three quarter and one half
3. Spacious kitchen with double ovens, four burner plus griddle gas stove, island work/eating area, red sunset granite countertops, under mount sink and pass through to Great Room
4. Large pantry / office with upper and lower cabinets
5. Kitchen area includes a living space with gas fireplace and second eating area
6. Sunroom / library with eating area
7. Great Room with 20 coffered ceiling, eight foot tall frame and panel wainscoting, large windows, spectacular Rumford wood burning fireplace fashioned from brownstone that was quarried off the Apostle Islands in 1892.
8. Laundry room with electric washer and gas dryer, cabinets and countertops
9. Exercise room with mirrored wall and infra-red sauna
10. A large lower level family room / theater with lots of storage
11. Six gas fireplaces and one wood fireplace
12. In addition to the main deck, there are decks off five of the bedrooms and the south entry
Additional items include a stairway to the lake with benches at three levels, brownstone from the Apostle Islands at the entry columns, Great Room fireplace, retaining walls and around the front entry door. The old growth trees that were removed for the building site were milled for reuse and used for interior paneling and trim.
We have continuously updated and improved the home so recent items include:
A new 50 year roof with asymmetrical, architectural shingles, new flashings and twice the ice and water shield normally applied to new roofs
New modular, five stage, LP heating system for the three floors of hydronic in-floor heating supplied through 10 zones
New hot water system installed to run with the new heating system. This replaced three existing hot water heaters
New insulated (highest R value available), glass and paneled overhead garage doors with new openers
New storm doors with disappearing glass panel
New submersible well pump (the best water you will ever taste!)
The electric power consists of a 200 amp main panel with multiple subpanels and a new 50 amp service to plug in a motor coach. Water is supplied by private well and, according to the well installer enough volume for a whole town. Two, 2,000 gallon sewage tanks handle the waste water.
The grounds are immaculately maintained and include a long winding driveway with circular entry, mowed areas, flower gardens, flower boxes at windows, decorative lighting and old fashioned pole lighting along the driveway.
The five plus acre property the home was built on is exceptional! It is part of an original plot that was preserved by an owner who never logged the land. The result is we have over 280 feet of shoreline with gigantic red pine, white pine, hemlock, red cedar, white cedar in addition to the various spruce, pine, fir and oak trees.
To make the location even more special, it is a west facing property so we have sunsets over the water all year long!
We are located one hour from Duluth and 20 minutes from Bayfield. The property is quiet and private without a neighbor to be seen or heard.
As we value our privacy, we ask those interested to submit their preapproved resume (including phone and email contact information) for our banker to approve prior to any questions you may have. Any one given approval, will be contacted to answer your questions, arrange a personal visit and to entertain your offer to purchase. Please, no visit to our home without prior approval!
We are offering our home with approximately five acres for $2,600,000, principally furnished less some personal items, with two additional options.
1. Option to purchase the adjoining seven acres that include 300 of lakeshore and is part of the preserved, old growth forest. This property includes a separate, gated driveway, well, power and buildable foundation that has been plumbed for in-floor heat, water and sewer
2. Machinery package that includes all items used for maintaining the property such as a low hour S175 Bobcat, New Kubota 1100 UTV with heated and air conditioned cab, hydraulic dump bed and Boss 6-way plow, Troy Built lawn tractor, Stiga articulated mower, Toro mower, various weed cutters, trimmers, hand tools, etc
We will consider negotiating a buyers commission if you have a signed agreement with an agent who is representing you.
Finally, we have a three year contract to have LP fuel supplied at a fixed price of $1.09 per gallon! The tank is filled, the chimney has been cleaned and flowers will be planted shortly so this amazing home is ready for you!
Please send your information for consideration to the email address in ad.
For Sale By Owner Home Prices for Cornucopia, Wisconsin 54827