Built in 1882 this well maintained Gothic Revival house is in the heart of the Chestertown, MD Historic District which includes properties from pre colonial to Victorian times.
● The house is a short walk to Washington College, shops, restaurants, library, farmers market, post office, banks, playground, churches and the Chester River
● It is 15 minutes to Chesapeake Bay, 1 1/2 hrs. from Washington, DC, Baltimore and Philadelphia and 3 hrs from NYC
● The first floor has a formal entry with coat closet, a large Living Room with Eastlake fireplace and alcove with ornately carved wood work and shutters, formal dining room, powder room, butlers pantry with tambour covered storage, laundry/storage room with washer, dryer and tub, back stair to second floor, updated kitchen with custom cabinets and access to enclosed garden.
● The second floor has a master bed room with ceiling fan, en suite bath, walk in closet and programmable thermostat, a second bed room with ceiling fan and closet, large bath room with cedar lined walk in closet and a second cedar lined clothes closet, back stair and hall closet.
● There is a third bed room and large home office/studio on the third floor.
● While completely updated, the house has; original ornate woodwork, high ceilings, Eastlake fireplace, heart of pine floors, two porches and an enclosed garden with access to 2 outbuildings
● This unique house has a recently remodeled kitchen with new stainless steel appliances, garbage disposal and track lighting
● Mechanically there is a new water heater, two zone heating and central air conditioning, city water and sewer, trash collection and recycling collection
● The house has up to date wiring with circuit breakers, satellite TV and DSL
● In move-in condition, there are insulated shades for the 2nd floor windows, all window treatments, antique chandeliers and ceiling fans
● State, County and local Homestead credit available. Total property taxes $3,100.
For Sale By Owner Home Prices for Chestertown, Maryland 21620