Maximize the impact of your ByOwner advertising by putting a little legwork into your sale to get the word out!
Remember, Goal #1 in selling your home: get your phone to ring or your email to load up!
DISTRIBUTE FLYERS: Print out flyers and distribute them everywhere you can**:
- Area supermarkets and stores.
- Local schools.
- Non-profit organizations.
- Independent booksellers.
- Nearby University, Colleges or Hospitals. Put on Community Boards but also give to HR departments who might be hiring new Professors/Doctors/Nurses/Staff, etc.
- Any additional place where you can obtain permission to post!
- Keep flyers with you at all times, ready to hand out!!
USE YOUR CONNECTIONS
- Post on the bulletin board at work, if possible.
- If your subdivision/neighborhood offers a bulletin board or some kind of announcement section, post your flyer there! By posting in the neighborhood, you’re targeting people who are already attracted to your location.
- Your town/city may have a similar bulletin board option at the town center.
TELL YOUR FRIENDS
- Talk about your home sale with your friends and family.
- Mention it at work, at stores, with new acquaintances.
- Be bold! If you’re standing in line at the coffee shop, bank, etc., and you hear someone talking about wanting to move into the area, excuse yourself for ‘eavesdropping’ but let them know you might have the home for them and hand them your flyer! Don’t walk away too quickly as they may have questions and engage immediately, especially if they are relocating or their home is already sold and time is of the essence!
- Bring it up at book club, community events, parties, showers, holiday gatherings.
LINK TO YOUR BYOWNER.COM AD
- Create free online ads at places like Craigslist and Google that link to your ByOwner.com page. You’ll be drawing even more people to look at your home’s photos, tours and text!
- Post on your Facebook page and ask that people viewing it share it on their pages as well.
- Instagram or twitter including a link to your ByOwner.com webpage.
- E-mail everyone in your e-mail address book a link to your online ad and ask them to pass it on to anyone who’s in the market.
- Blog about your home sale. If you, or someone you know, blogs regularly, that can be a great way to spread the word about your property. Try to get a post written that links to your advertisement and mentions some of your home’s key features.
HOLD AN OPEN HOUSE
- Schedule an open house on a weekend afternoon when not a lot of community events are happening. Hint: don’t plan the open house on the day of a big football game or the weekend of a holiday.
- Promote your open house everywhere (see above for suggestions about flyers).
- On the day of the open house, have a niece or nephew run a lemonade stand out front. This will help draw in other passers-by, inviting them inside.
- Mark your open house online, through your ByOwner seller dashboard. Contact Customer Care to add it to your MLS & realtor.com listings.
- Make the most of other open houses in the area. Check local ads, and when an open house is scheduled in nearby, put out several signs and draw those visitors to your home.
**Be careful to abide by all local ordinances regarding private property and only post the flyer after obtaining permission.**